Layston Music | Terms & Conditions
Updated Sept 2022
Terms & Conditions of becoming a Layston Music Client/Student
By becoming a student/client of Layston Music and by having music lessons with Layston Music, you (or your parent/guardian) are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
FEES, LESSONS and CANCELLATIONS
* Lessons are booked in half termly blocks.
* Fees for each half term are payable in FULL and to be received ON or BEFORE the first lesson of each half term.
* You will be invoiced half-termly in advance for your PRIVATE & GROUP lessons. Weekly payments are at the discretion of Layston Music's Centre Manager (Talena Cuthbert)
* All weeks must be paid for whether you/your child attends or not
- if 24 hours' notice is given, lesson videos will be made in the case of absence in order for you to continue your practice at home and catch-up.
**You MUST give 48 hours notice to cancel an AD-HOC session, otherwise FULL SESSION FEE will be charged.**
If a student is unwell with potentially contagious symptoms, the student must inform Layston Music as soon as possible. If the student is well enough to take part in a lesson then it will go ahead remotely via Zoom video. If the student is not well enough to take part in a lesson then a lesson video will made (and sent via our MyMusicStaff portal) for the student to practice with and continue our learning.
If the teacher is unwell with potentially contagious symptoms, then a face-to-face lesson should not take place. The lesson will be given remotely via Zoom video. If the teacher is not well enough to teach a lesson then an alternative “make-up” session will be offered.
*There is a one-off registration fee of £10.00 per student payable on or before first lesson. This includes a Layston Music Book Bag.
*Please give us 1 month (4 weeks) notice to “give-up” your instrumental/vocal lessons & leave Layston Music. We will be sorry to see you go.
CLASSES & PERFORMANCES
* Students must inform Layston Music of any illness or condition which may affect their ability to participate in the scheduled musical activities in the lessons - the lesson plans can then be changed in accordance to what the student needs.
* Layston Music expects ALL students to show due respect and manners to ALL staff & fellow students at all times.
* Layston Music gives you the opportunity to perform at our two annual shows - Winter & Summer. Please inform Layston Music if you are unable to perform as schedules are made well in advance.
PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEO
* By having lessons, you are giving permission for Layston Music to publish photographs/videos involving yourself/your child in our classes & performances. These photographs/videos will be used for publicity and marketing purposes only.
If for any reason this is not possible, you MUST inform us.