Meet Talena Cuthbert
Unleashing Musical Potential with Layston Music
Talena Cuthbert stands at the heart of Layston Music, a vibrant hub of musical creativity. With a compelling vision driving her, Talena believes in the universal right to high-quality music education, offering a diverse range of music-making services to all.
Bringing over two decades of rich experience in the music industry, including performing, songwriting, and touring, Talena's expertise is coupled with 20 years of dedicated teaching and a decade of mentoring individuals with Special Educational Needs (SEND) and Mental Health challenges. Her unique blend of industry insight and teaching prowess allows her to craft personalized music lessons tailored precisely to your needs.
"I've had the privilege of assisting individuals from various backgrounds and genres, ranging from seasoned professionals in touring bands to young children taking their first steps in the world of music," says Talena Cuthbert. With her guidance, Layston Music becomes not just a platform for learning, but a transformative journey where musical aspirations come to life.
Terms & Conditions
of becoming a
Client or Student
for Instrumental or Vocal Lessons
By becoming a student/client of Layston Music and by having music lessons with Layston Music, you (or your parent/guardian) are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
FEES, LESSONS and CANCELLATIONS
* Lessons are booked in half termly blocks.
* Fees for each half term are payable in FULL and to be received ON or BEFORE the first lesson of each half term.
* You will be invoiced half-termly in advance for your PRIVATE & GROUP lessons. Weekly payments are at the discretion of Layston Music's Centre Manager (Talena Cuthbert)
* All weeks must be paid for whether you/your child attends or not
- if 24 hours' notice is given, lesson videos will be made in the case of absence in order for you to continue your practice at home and catch-up.
**You MUST give 48 hours notice to cancel an AD-HOC session, otherwise FULL SESSION FEE will be charged.**
If a student is unwell with potentially contagious symptoms, the student must inform Layston Music as soon as possible. If the student is well enough to take part in a lesson then it will go ahead remotely via Zoom video. If the student is not well enough to take part in a lesson then a lesson video will made (and sent via our MyMusicStaff portal) for the student to practice with and continue our learning.
If the teacher is unwell with potentially contagious symptoms, then a face-to-face lesson should not take place. The lesson will be given remotely via Zoom video. If the teacher is not well enough to teach a lesson then an alternative “make-up” session will be offered.
*There is a one-off registration fee of £10.00 per student payable on or before first lesson. This includes a Layston Music Book Bag.
*Please give us 1 month (4 weeks) notice to “give-up” your instrumental/vocal lessons & leave Layston Music. We will be sorry to see you go.
CLASSES & PERFORMANCES
* Students must inform Layston Music of any illness or condition which may affect their ability to participate in the scheduled musical activities in the lessons - the lesson plans can then be changed in accordance to what the student needs.
* Layston Music expects ALL students to show due respect and manners to ALL staff & fellow students at all times.
* Layston Music gives you the opportunity to perform at our two annual shows - Winter & Summer. Please inform Layston Music if you are unable to perform as schedules are made well in advance.
PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEO
* By having lessons, you are giving permission for Layston Music to publish photographs/videos involving yourself/your child in our classes & performances. These photographs/videos will be used for publicity and marketing purposes only.
If for any reason this is not possible, you MUST inform us.